CSRs will follow standardized handlign for follow-up on pending activities in an effort to reduce unnecessary phone calls.
What are examples of pending activities under which the CSR Lack of Interest Handling Guidelines apply (including but not limited to)?
2. Rule out car seats
3. Scheduling repair appointments
4. First contact
5. Rule out treatment for injuries
ATTEMPT 1 GUIDELINES
When should the first attempt to reach a customer follow-up be made?
As soon as possible after the loss is reported to GEICO. If after hours, the CSR should attempt contact the next day.
What actions should be made on attempt 1?
1. Call all numbers on file for the customer and leave a detailed message asking the customer to contact GEICO regarding the additional information needed.
2. Email NEED GENERAL CONTACT LETTER or FREEFORM LETTER with specifics
3. If no email address on file, send regular mail
4. Change Workplan Activity Title to: PEND - (ITEM NEEDED) ATTEMPT 1
Note: when documenting the voicemail in call driver, CSR will document which attempt they are completing in call driver.
Note: it's possible that the CSR will be pending items from multiple parties on one claim. In that situation, the workplan activity title should be as follows: PEND - CLMT (ITEM NEEDED) ATTEMPT 1/ INSD (ITEM NEEDED) ATTEMPT 1
ATTEMPT 2 GUIDELINES
What is the procedure for attempt 2?
Call all numbers on file for the customer and leave a message indicating GEICO will make no further attempts to reach them for the needed information. Remove workplan activity if nothing further is needed. Set HC in certain circumstances. Send PD SOL or BI SOL if warranted (state specific)