CHAPTER 27 PHARMACOLOGY IN PSYCHIATRIC CARE Part onerename
wipimebe's version from 2015-09-25 00:01
Section1. An older term for antipsychotics is neuroleptics.
2. Antidepressants are given only orally.
3. A fatal overdose of cyclic antidepressants may consist of taking only a few daysÕ supply at one time.
4. A person taking antidepressants will require more alcohol to become impaired than one who is not taking antidepressants.
5. Blood levels of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) have been found in research to be of great clinical use in assessing nonresponse or toxicity.
1. The side effect of certain psychiatric medications that results in a subjective sense of restlessness and need to pace and move continuously is called ____________________.
2. An involuntary, sustained muscle spasm is called ____________________.
3. The side effect of certain psychiatric medications that results in muscle spasms that force the eyes into a fixed, usually upward gaze is called ____________________.
ANS: oculogyric crisis
4. The dosage range between the minimum effectiveness and the level at which serious adverse effects are apt to occur is called ____________________.
ANS: therapeutic window