When applying for a orginal DL, present acceptable documentations with what 4 requirements?
1) must be a certified copy, or an original document 2) may contain an impressed seal or original stamped impression 3) must not be a photocopy 4) must NOT be laminated
If you presents a legal presence document, your DL/ID card may _____ on the same date as your legal presence document?
If the name on your document is different from the name on your DL/ID card application, you must also bring what?
an acceptable true full name document
What will be taken?
your fingerprint, signature, picture
List examples of acceptable documents?
1) US birth certificate 2) US passport 3) US armed forces ID cards 4) permanent resident card 5) foreign passport with a valid I-94 (the I-94 expiration date must be more than 2 months from the DL/ID card application date
Examples of true full name verification documents include?
1) adoption documents 2) legal name change 3) marriage certificate 4) certificate or registration document verifying formation of a domestic partnership 5)dissolution of marriage document containing your legal name as a result of a court order
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A BASIC CLASS C DRIVER LICENSE:
Submit a completed and signed Driver License or Identification Card application form, what does signing this form indicate?
1) you agree to submit to a chemical test to determine the alcohol or drug content of your blood when requested by a peace officer 2) if you refuse to sign this statement, the DMV will not issue a DL
Present acceptable documents that establish what?
your identity, residency, and birthdate
Provide your true _____ name?
Provide your SSN (if eligible), which will be electronically verified by?
the Social Security Administration
Pay a nonrefundable application fee. The fee is good for ____ months and allows you to take the appropriate law test ____ times. If you fail the law test and or driving test ___ times, your application will be void and what is then required?
3; 3; new application and fee
The application fee pays for what? What happens iuf the application expires?
for both the instruction permit and DL if you qualify for both documents w/in the 12 month period. You must resubmit documents, repay application fee and retake the required test
Pass a vision test, what does this mean?
pass a vision test with or without corrective lenses (visual acuity better than 20/200 in at least one eye without the use of bioptic telescopic lens on similar bioptic device to meet minimum vision acuity standards)
Have your picture taken, give a _____ scan and sign your name?
ADULTS' PERMIT REQUIREMENTS:
If you are at least ____ years old, meet the application requirements and pass the required tests you may be issued a CA instruction permit?
One must have an ____permit when learning to drive?
Your accompanying driver must be > ___y.o. and have a valid CA _____?
This person should be seated close to you enough to be able to do what?
take control of the vehicle at any time
Does an intruction permit permit you to drive alone?
With a motorcycle permit, can you carry passengers, can you ride at night, and can you ride on the freeway?
1) can't carry passengers 2) only ride during daylight hours 3) can't ride on the freeway
Requirements needed to get a motorcycle permit?
1) be at least 18 years of age 2) complete the application process 3) pass a traffic law and road sign test
ADULTS' DL REQUIREMENTS:
If you have never been licensed, you must meet what criteria?
1) be at least 18 y.o. 2) comply with requirements for a driving permit, bring your instruction permit with you to your behind-the-wheel driving test 3) pass the behind-the-wheel driving test (if you fail, pay a retest fee for a second or subsequent test and schedule another behind-the-wheel test for another day)
If you have an out-of-state or out-of-country DL, you must?
1) complete all steps required for a driving permit 2) bring your valid out-of-state DL which will be invalidated adn return to you (unless you are applying for a commercial DL)
The behind-the-wheel driving test for out-of-state holders are normally _____, however, DMV may require a behind-the-wheel driving test for any type of DL application?
True of false, out-of-country drivers need to take a behind-the-wheel driving test?
Pages linking here (main versions and versions by same user)